- This event has passed.
Peace Quest- Violence De-Escalation Skills Training
September 18, 2021 @ 10:00 am - September 19, 2021 @ 2:30 pm
Violence De-Escalation Skills Training
- Experience the transforming power of nonviolence on the personal and societal level.
- Learn and practice concrete skills for effective communicating and active nonviolent peacemaking.
- Learn what YOU can do when you are a bystander to someone being threatened or harassed.
- Learn about peace team opportunities.
- BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD!!!!
Day 1: Saturday, September 18th introduces you to the foundations of nonviolence and an analysis of the cycle of nonviolence along with entry level violence de-escalation skills.
Day 2: Sunday, September 19th focuses on advanced communication and violence de-escalation skills and how to “think outside the box”.
PeaceQuest is a community-wide celebration in the Greater Lansing area held every September to celebrate the United Nations International Day of Peace, which was declared by the UN General Assembly with a resolution passed unanimously in 1981. PeaceQuest brings us ALL together for fun and interesting activities with friends, family, and community while focusing on ways we can promote peace, resolve conflicts, learn about other faiths and cultures, and encourage mutual understanding.
- September 18, 2021 @ 10:00 am
- September 19, 2021 @ 2:30 pm
- Event Categories:
- PeaceQuest, Upcoming Events
- Event Tags:
- meta peace team, peacequest
- Meta Peace Team