Join as an Affiliate Organization
The Greater Lansing United Nations Association desires to build strong relationships with other Lansing area organizations that support the goal of peaceful resolution of international conflicts and the extension of human rights to all citizens of the world as reflected in the United Nations Charter. To facilitate this, we invite your organization to become an “affiliate” of GL-UNA!
At the time of the founding of the United Nations (UN) in 1945 it was recognized that political leadership of member nations would wax and wane in fulfilling the obligations of UN membership, and that involvement of citizens of UN member nations would be essential in encouraging political leaders to select and fully support UN leadership, programs and the agencies required to implement the provisions of the UN Charter. Citizens of UN member nations would need to be organized to fill this role, resulting in the formation of United Nations Associations (UNA) in more 100 UN member nations. UNA-USA is our national organization, and GL-UNA is the Lansing regional chapter.
Our nation and the world are experiencing some of the greatest threats to international peace, human rights and mutually beneficial international trade since World War II and the Cold War, which followed. International cooperation and support of the work of the UN is more important than ever. Thus, there is a greater urgency to expand citizen involvement in education and advocacy in support of UN goals and programs.
What does Affiliation Involve?
Benefits to your organization include:
- Possible announcement of your events, when requested, to over 1000 community members through our online e-mail lists and Facebook page, at the discretion of GL-UNA.
- Your organization will be listed as an affiliate on our website, along with a link to your website and a short description of your mission/work
- Receiving occasional e-mail announcements about upcoming community events of mutual interest.
- Programming assistance for your meetings about the UN, the UNA and Sustainable Development Goals through our Speakers Bureau.
- Receive informational articles about special United Nations-designated commemorations such as United Nations Anniversary Day, International Day of Peace, Human Rights Day, International Women’s Day, and others that specifically relate to your organization’s interests.
As an Organizational Affiliate of the Greater Lansing UNA chapter, you would agree to:
- Announce GL-UNA events to your members/contacts via e-mail, newsletters and bulletins at your discretion. We would suggest the text to insert, and you could re-word if desired.
- Join the national United Nations Association as a supporting member organization to demonstrate commitment to promoting world peace (join at the ‘individual level’ here)
- Encourage your members to attend UN-related events and to join the UN Association.
Consider receiving and distributing our electronic newsletters, if you choose to.
- List GL-UNA as one of your affiliate organizations if you make that designation.
- Consider partnering and/or co-sponsoring events with GL-UNA, if you choose to.
- Advocate the mission of the UN in promoting world peace, aid for children and refugees, UN peacekeeping, and reducing the threat of nuclear and other destabilizing armaments.
If your organization is interested in becoming a Greater Lansing UNA Affiliate, please contact us at email@example.com.